Financial help with a 5% interest rate betterment loan is now available through the Community Septic Management Loan Program.
Home owners can now comply with Title 5 regulations. Loans, repayable over 20 years, cover all costs directly associated with the septic system upgrade. Applications now being accepted from interested residents. To download an application for the loan program, click on the link to the left.
- Existing septic system must be “failed”.
- All costs directly associated with carrying out a project required by Title 5 are eligible.
- Eligible projects include alternative septic systems and sewer hook-ups.
- Reimbursement for costs directly associated with the project up to 30 days prior to the receipt and approval of a completed application by Barnstable County is possible.
- 5% interest rate on loan.
- Betterment assessment on property secures loan.
- Maximum of 20-year repayment term.
- Payments are made monthly, payable to Barnstable County.
- Loans to be made only for residential properties.
- Residential properties include condominiums and apartments.
- Homeowner obtains written bids for system design then contracts for work.
- Homeowner obtains written bids for system installation then contracts for work.
- Single-party check issued to contractor for work completed.
- Certificate of Compliance must be issued before final payment is made.